- Adriano dos Santos
Low Carb Chilli with Cauliflower Rice
It’s time for a Stress-Less meal!
And it will only take you up to 30 minutes to prepare it!
👉 Low Carb Chilli with Cauliflower Rice
➡ 500 gm Ground turkey, extra lean
➡ 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
➡ 1 medium Yellow onion (chopped)
➡ 2 medium Carrots (chopped)
➡ 1 medium stalk(s) Celery (chopped)
➡ 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
➡ 1 tsp Coriander, ground
➡ 1 tsp Paprika, smoked
➡ 1/2 tsp Chili powder
➡ 1 1/2 cup Passata
➡ 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
➡ 1/2 tsp Black pepper
➡ 1 medium head Cauliflower
➡ 1/4 cup Beef broth (stock) (if needed)
1. Dice the onion, celery and carrot and cook on a low heat in 1 tbsp of the olive oil until soft.
2. Turn up the heat a little and add the mince to brown. Make sure you break up the lumps. This is where I add the salt which helps the meat to caramelise a little adding even more flavour.
3. Now add your spices and pepper cooking them for a minute or so to lose the rawness and help them develop that nice warm rounded flavour.
4. Add your thyme, don’t bother taking the leaves off the stalk just throw in the whole thing and fish it out at the end, or not.
5. Add your passata and tomato sauce. This will ‘deglaze the pot’. Check that the mixture is not too dry. If need be, add more passata or if you are trying to keep the carbs low add a little stock or water.
6. While this is simmering for a few minutes break up you cauli and pulse it in a food processor until it looks like rice or couscous. Add this to a microwave safe container and cook for 5 minutes on high. When it is finished stir through the rest of the olive oil and salt and pepper.
7. You are done! It is time to build your chilli tower. Cauli rice on the bottom, then a good dollop of the chilli mince. On top of that, I like to add a small amount of grated cheese, some cucumber and radish chopped into batons, my own guacamole and some Greek yoghurt. Oh and not forgetting a good splash of Frank’s Hot Pepper Sauce. A little sliced fresh chilli would also be a tasty addition.