Berry Beet Smoothie
Did you know that studies have shown that beets have a capacity of significantly lowering your blood pressure by the incredible 4–10 mmHg, over a period of only a few hours?
No wonder people are starting to consume it more and more.
Beets also contain a class of pigments called betalains, which may potentially possess a number of anti-inflammatory properties.
So, here is a breakfast idea for you that has these two ingredients combined.
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare it.
✅ Berry Beet Smoothie Bowl ✅
- 1 beet(s) - Beets, raw (finely chopped)
- 2 date pitted - Medjool date (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
- 1/2 cup - Spinach
- 1/2 avocado(s) - Avocado (chopped)
- 1/2 cup - Frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup - Frozen strawberry (or raspberries)
- 4 cube(s) - Ice cubes
- 3/4 cup - Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp - Chia seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp - Cinnamon
- 1 tsp - Vanilla extract, pure
- 3 drop(s) - Stevia sweetener, liquid (optional)
- 1 tbsp - Coconut flakes, unsweetened (for topping)
- 5 medium - Strawberries (sliced, for topping)
- 1/4 tsp - Chia seeds, ground (for topping)
- Prep your beet, and while you are doing that, soak your beets in warm water.
- Add your chopped beet, soaked, and drained date(s), and the remaining smoothie bowl ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with toppings.