Updated: Nov 16, 2020
These cookies are the ultimate autumn treat🍂
And they're super easy to make, Dairy-free, egg-free and vegan-friendly!
Ingredients for 22 cookies/ 11 cream pies
For the cookies
125g (1 cup) gluten free flour (I used almond flour)
125g (1 and 1/4) Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp rose salt suncorefoods
50g (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
15g (2 tbsp) cacao nibs suncorefoods
40g (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
115g (1/2 cup) vegan butter, room temp
60g (1/4 cup) pecan butter
60g (1/3 cup) unrefined brown sugar
100g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
For the cream cheese frosting
225g (8 oz) Cream cheese of choice, room temperature
3 tbsp Honey or agave
1. Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt, chopped pecans, cacao nibs, chocolate chips and oats until well combined. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat vegan butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add pecan butter and vanilla and beat until well combined. Turn the speed down to low and fold in the oatmeal mixture, mixing until it is just incorporated.
5. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
6. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and place it on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving at least 5cm of space between cookies so they can spread when they bake.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies just begin to turn lightly golden brown around the edges. Remove and allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
8. To make frosting: in a small bowl, stir cream cheese and sweetener until well combined. Using a piping bag, pipe some filling on the bottom side of one cookie and press a second cookie on top.
9. serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for 1 day!
Credits: @foodie.yuki / https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHidxejDIs/