A delicious and healthy pudding made with chia seeds, coconut milk and fresh mango.
I have to admit I am a bit late to the chia seed party. For something so small the chia seed sure does pack a powerful nutritional punch. They are loaded with fibre, plant protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. They are also very high in antioxidants and recent studies show that they may even lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
143 Calories 8 Servings
I used coconut milk for this recipe but cows milk or almond milk would work well too. You can also change up the fruit to create an entirely different flavour pudding. Or even add cocoa to make a chocolate version. Could chia puddings get any more versatile?! I will definitely be making more of these from now on!
1 cup Coconut milk
3 tbsp Chia seeds, ground
2 tbsp gluten free oats
1 scoop fermented vegan proteins (vanilla flavour), Sunwarrior (or other protein of choice)
1 tbsp Maple syrup, pure (or honey (optional))
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract, pure (optional)
1 mango (or any other fruit of choice)
3 tbsp Coconut, shredded (for topping optional)
2 tbsp hulled Hemp seeds, shelled (to top)
1. Mix together the coconut milk, chia seeds, oats, maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract in a jar or bowl. Add in protein
2. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and mix again.
3. Cover the bowl or jar with a lid or cling film and return to the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
4. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
5. Layer the chia pudding with the chopped mango in small jars or glasses and top with coconut and hemp seeds. Enjoy!